Tuesday, April 29, 2014

005 P-51D/ITA/A.M.I./RR-11 4323/Reparto Volo IIa Regione Aerea/ Roma Ciampino 1952

This mustang belongs to the 2nd Air Force "Regione volo di Roma" and it was given to the A.M.I. when the war was over. This model produced by the italian Italeri pictures the aircraft that is being showed at the museum "Vigna di Valle" nearby Roma.

I had a doubt about the Nose Cone since the manufacturer states that its dark blue whilst in some pictures the nose cone appears to be green (Source: Aviolibri special 11 page 21). It is to be proven wether its a temporal difference or am imprecision.
In fact in some pictures the color is not clear and that might have tricked the manufacturer.

The kit is very versatile in the sense that you can choose between three different version of Mustang: the Mk-I, the P-51 and the P-51A.

The plane shows the classic A.M.I. style with natural metal livery and black stripes in proximity of the wings.

This model has been assembled and painted with brush (and it shows) by me.

Maurizio Valerani













No comments:

Post a Comment